Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trail of Broken Hearts by k.d. lang

R:

In the spirit of our new blog, I put the old iPod (well, in may case the new iPad) on shuffle and it came up with (drumroll please) Trail of Broken Hearts by k.d. lang (yes, she writes her name in all lower case). I was sooo glad it picked a song I like. Of course, I should like all the songs on my own iPad, but the truth is, I have a lot of experimental stuff from Paste Magazine and other sources that I try to keep up with, but there are, admittedly, a few clunkers there.

This is one of my all-time favorite songs (★★★★★). I think that k.d. lang has one of the most soulful, beautiful voices on the planet. I know my blog partner will call it "cowboy music", but it melts my heart every time I listen to it. The song comes from the "Absolute Torch and Twang" album that was released in 1989, which is by far her best, in my humble opinion.

Fire away Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment