Sunday, December 5, 2010

Do You Believe in Love?

The next song up is from Max's iPod — Huey Lewis and the News "Do You Believe in Love?" (from Picture This, 1982). This is one of those songs that is fun to sing along to and great to hear every year or two, but in my opinion should NOT quite make the cut to be on one's iPod. I've been accused of being a "musical elitist" for just that reason, but there it is. I do like the tight "doo-wop" harmonies and appreciate that they have an unmistakable sound that was different from other bands of that era, but still, it only ★★1/2 for me...

Now, the video is another matter entirely. I love the fun they have with it and watching it brings back a lot of good memories. Also, some serious mullets going on in the News!

Watcha think, Max??

I most definitely believe I love this song! This is the son here, and I'm proud to have this fine example of pop-rock on my ipod. I have nothing but good to say about this song, unlike the prior song I rated. This is most definitely a four star worthy song, NOT a two and half star one. The roughness of his voice and the sweetness of the melody make the perfect combination, and something that I'd definitely press the "replay" button on. Because my dad had the slightest negative thing to say about this song, I'll highly consider splitting him like a chicken, just like that weird noseless guy on Cat Balou. Do you want him to mess with you? Then, you'll make it a priority to rate this song correctly. Two and a half indeed.....Well, I told you what I'd do....

Don't say I didn't warn you! If you see this guy outside your bedroom window, you know why...

No comments:

Post a Comment